A paparazzi photo of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in the back seat of a car (2005), Raymond Pettibon’s Artwork for Sonic Youth’s album “Goo” from 1990, which is based on a paparazzi photo of David and Maureen Smith (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) driving to the Ian Brady and Myra Hindley trial in 1966
I want you to lay in my bed with me and wrap your arm around me and bury your face in my neck and let me hold you and lay there and just breathe you in and kiss your forehead and whisper good night as I fall harder for you than I did during the day.
1)learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dress by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) do not sneer at people’s happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) you are more than the amount of people that want to have sex with you.
6) that pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) it will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything. (Except that it will make you smile).
10) please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to yourself. That alone is enough.